|Location:||New Delhi, India|
|Date:||Saturday, 14 September 2019|
|Venue:||India International Centre (see addess below)|
|Attendance:||By invitation only|
Address: Seminar Hall 1, Kamaladevi Complex, India International Centre, 40 Max Mueller Marg, Lodhi Gardens, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110003.
Enduring Net, in collaboration with the Indian Institute of Dalit Studies, Delhi, is hosting a training workshop to support NGO/ humanitarian organisations.
- Introduction to blockchain distributed ledger technology
- Distributed collaborative network for more efficient cross organisations communication and producing a permanent audit trail
- Introduction to existing projects: anti- child & forced labour
- How can communication technology enhance your work as an organisation? Discussion on key challenges and possible applications
- Live demo & technical guidance; costs and key considerations
Who should attend and takeaway
This workshop is open to all organisations looking to learn about applying state of the art technology within the context of NGO/ humanitarian work. While the demo case studies focus on combating forced & child labour, any humanitarian applications are within our scope and all NGOs/ humanitarian organisations are welcome.
- Organisation decision makers will learn to use blockchain in addressing their organisational challenges as well as enhancing work combating forced & child labour.
- IT and technology advisers will learn practical skills to set up functioning blockchain nodes and networks.
Please contact Professor Amaresh Dubey (email@example.com) or Dr Ruchika Chaudhary (firstname.lastname@example.org). Places available are limited and, subject to selection criteria, will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Look forward to seeing you at the workshop in New Delhi!
Dr Ruchika Chaudhary (IWWAGE)
Prof Amareh Dubey (Jawaharlal Nehru University & IIDS)
Prof Ser-Huang Poon (Founder and Trustee, Enduring Net)
Workshop schedule (subject to revision)
|10:00-11:00||What is a blockchain? |
How might communication technology help organisation to work together more efficiently;
what is possible, and what is not possible?
|11:00-11:30||Coffee break and Networking|
|11:30-12:30||How to protect privacy and sensitive data in a blockchain environment? |
|12:30-13:30||Lunch and Networking|
How to set up a permissioned network and manage the its membership?
How to control access rights?
|14:30-15:00||Coffee break and Networking|
How to protect data confidentiality, private channels?
How does encryption work?
How to set up the different types of password control?